From Hypoestoxide (HE), we discovered three additional new drugs, derived from the same plant. All three new drugs possess anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer activities.
One semi-synthetic HE-derived product was also discovered, which has a more potent anti-malarial activity than Hypoestoxide itself.
A synthetic cyclic-AMP derivative which was originally shown to have a cardiotonic function, and has now been proven by IMI to also have potent Anti-Systemic Lupus and Anti-Graft-Versus-Host Disease activities, respectively.
The powdered dried leaves of Hypoestes rosea are used as an herbal supplement for the prevention and reduction of:
- Colon polyps
- General inflammation
- Type-2 Diabetes
- High blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels
The crude extract of Hypoestes rosea is used in a cosmetic composition for:
- Prevention of allergic reaction
- Resolution of infection in acne and psoriatic plaques
- Alleviation of UV-induced skin irritation
- Reduction/prevention of premature skin aging
- Treatment of actinic keratosis and the surrounding skin area